Gamification Will Take The Future Of Digital Marketing By Storm
The Marketing world has been obsessed with millennials for an entire decade. If you still think your digital marketing strategy has been successful because it worked with the cohort, have you stopped and wondered what marketing to the next cohort – Gen Z will look like?
While millennials experienced the internet in its infancy (remember giant boxy monitors and desktop computers??), Gen Z has always had the technology right at their fingertips. Chances of increasing your digital pace with constant newness lie ahead of your campaign.
Here are 5 Reasons Why Gamification Will Dominate Digital Marketing In the Future:
1. It Caters to Gen Z – Millennials were only the guinea pigs of digital marketing testing. The generation that will emerge later will need higher engagement levels. A mere social media post won’t make the cut and that’s where gamification comes in. According to the latest statistics from market intelligence firm Newzoo, a total of 40 percent of battle royale gamers play both Fortnite and PUBG. However, 35% of players exclusively play Fortnite compared to about 25 percent for PUBG. 68 percent of younger gamers, specifically those between the age of 10 to 30 years, play Fornite while a lesser amount of 60 percent of the same demographic applies for PUBG
2. Constant Interaction – Gamification eliminates the process of constant publishing and instead keeps its users in an engaged loop for the same rewards for interaction. For many who grew up in single children homes, gaming was a way to fulfill a need for social connection and to forge an identity. Online gaming offers a way to connect to a larger community, the rules are clear and results are often celebrated and broadcast to millions of other users. Nike’s Fuel Campaign elicits the start of the gamification revolution
3. Positive Reinforcement – China is ahead of the gamification culture and rewards its players with e-money thereby increasing word of mouth publicity. China has created a social tool named Sesame credit which gives people a score of how good a citizen they are. The system measures how obediently citizens follow the party line, pulling data from social networks and online purchase histories.
4. It Offers Unique Promotional Opportunities – Gamification can increase Brand awareness to an unimaginable extent. Many companies have used point systems to get more products off the shelves. And the strategy is pretty simple. Give customers points for every product they purchase and when they reach a certain amount of points reward them with cash to be used in the store.
5. Element Of Newness – The digital marketing loop brings with it an element of ‘newness’. Gen Z has already been straight jacketed into the digital sphere since they were born. The current generation is obsessed with new app features, new trends, new challenges and so on. Gamification maintains that element of newness as a constant and retains majority of their customers creatively.ConclusionWe are in an evolving dimension. The rules are going to keep changing and as marketers, we have no choice but to adapt and set ourselves apart from the crowd Gamification has already been around for 5 years and it practically applies to any kind of business. The versatility of gamification allows it to stretch itself into promotions, company culture building, project management, recruitment and many other practises.
Reach Out To Us If You Want To know About The Gamification Culture In China